Monday, July 18, 2011

A challenger appears!

Just call me a mercenary.

That's right. It's me, Sean B. Fitzgerald. *crickets*

Anyway, Mike and I decided to combine our blogging talents (or lack thereof) and do one duel-blog. We realized we both have an affinity for all things beer and we thought it just grand to review all types of beer on a regular basis. It takes a substantial burden off us personally when we don't have to constantly update this thing. We can't ALWAYS get lit up for YOU. You're so needy.

Oh yes, I forgot to introduce myself formally. My name is Sean Fitzgerald and I am an alcoh...I'm 23 years old and live in New York (on the border of New Jersey). I currently write for my own blog (Sean B. Fitzgerald) where I just spew nonsense about nothing. Mostly sports, pop culture, and my daily life. It's all very boring. I don't recommend it.

Early in my drinking life, I never really cared for craft beers. It was all Coors Light, Miller Light, Keystone Light, or Bud Light. Maybe once in a while I would squeeze in a Blue Moon or Sam Adams and I would think myself quite the beer "sommelier".

"Ever have a 'Blue Moon'?", I would say. "Uh, it's fantastic. Very fruity. You put an orange on the rim of the glass and it really gives it a kick."

I was an idiot. But I've come a long way since then. And I'm not adverse to trying anything. But I do have my favorites. Regardless of the time of the year, nothing can beat a hearty, malty Imperial Stout. And although many of you (I'm assuming) are not hop-heads, I am. The hop-ier, the better.

That all being said, I look forward to reviewing some beers for this fine blog. And I'm also in the works of producing a beer review vidcast that will premiere on YouTube. The specifics are still a little sketchy, but I will keep you posted. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment